AL only Keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

AL only Keepers

#1 Post by Tig »

13 teams AL only league 5x5. $270 cap.. 14 hitters/10 pitchers. No Reserves (picked up once season starts).
Must be on 25 man roster to be available at auction. {keepers due Sat 4/2; auction held Sat 4/9}
Must keep between 3-7 players.
*the Cubs will be added to the player pool for 2016.

I sold out trying to win the league last year, only to fall short, so not very many good keeper options. Salaries increase $5 per year.

leaning towards keeping the players in red.
Any thoughts? suggestions?

C(2): Russell Martin $21, Matt Wieters $18
1b/3b/CI: Eric Hosmer $25, Brett Lawrie $14, Jose Abreu $36
2b/SS/MI: Jose Altuve $39, Cliff Pennington $10, Johnny Giavatello $9
OF(5): Mookie Betts $15, Michael Brantley $23, Chris Colabello $10, Adam Eaton $21, Josh Reddick $15
Util(1): Mark Texiera $18, Mikie Mahtook $5
SP: Felix Hernandez $41, David Price $36, Corey Kluber $20, Josh Tomlin $10, Felix Doubront $10, Henry Owens $10
RP: David Robertson $21, Tony Sipp $6
Last edited by Tig on April 1st, 2016, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trav The Ump

Re: AL only Keepers

#2 Post by Trav The Ump »

I see no red...however I'd go with;

Betts
Brantley
Kluber

Than just go in guns blazing at the draft and rebuild it back up. The $5 increase does put a lot of pressure on the prices. Abreu and Altuve look about right to me but than just buy them back. You'll have to know your league to know if its worth tying up that many dollars.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Re: AL only Keepers

#3 Post by CubFan »

The 3 that Trav said plus I'd keep Lawrie. $14 is reasonable for a guy going to a much better home ballpark for HRs. You'll have to ask yourself if you think he'll stay as healthy as last year as health has been a problem in years past. Could consider Reddick and Eaton as their prives may be a little undervalued.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -