another keeper advice question

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
bats
Triple-A

another keeper advice question

#1 Post by bats »

10 team keeper...simple no contract keep 4 forever...have donalson, bryant and arenado as a definite 3. for my fourth I am choosing among dozier, wong or hosmer. Your advice is appreciated as usual.

Jim

Captain Hook

Re: another keeper advice question

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

1) I would keep Dozier - more production and neither Wong or Hosmer stand out as long term prospects that would increase in value (Hosmer should remain at his level but that is not great for a first baseman)

2) Keeping three third baseman even as good as those three are seems to be a bad move - you tie up your DH/UT slot needlessly. I would try and trade one of them - if you don't have a strong preference see which one brings the biggest haul in a trade. You should certainly improve your roster by trading one unless they only offer peanuts which should not be the case for three top tier 3B

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Since it's for forever ....Donaldson - 30. Bryant and Arenado - 24. Barring injury, which of these three do you see a sooner decline for? Think Perry has it right - see what someone may offer for Donaldson. That reigning MVP thing may garner a little additional return.

And yes .... Dozier is my choice for the keeper.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

bats
Triple-A

#4 Post by bats »

thanks very much...intersesting on the excess 3b riches

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

In a 10-team mixed I wouldn't sweat the extra 3B but sure, maybe you can flip one for a better player at another position.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#6 Post by Trav The Ump »

I'll throw my vote at Hosmer, still only 26 (feels like he should be early 30's) and Dozier's underlying numbers have been sliding the last couple of years. If its a keep forever, I'd take Hosmer.