keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
burke

keepers

#1 Post by burke »

Hi,
I am in a 10 team mixed yahoo league that I can keep 5 keepers. I can list one as a "franchise" player - meaning I can keep them forever. I can one 2 one year keepers and 2 two year keepers.

Here are my players worth keeping.

Justin Upton
Freddie Freeman
Adrian Gonzalez
Ben Revere
Kolten Wong
Hunter Pence
J. Lucroy
B. Buxton.

Thoughts on the top 5? Pitchers are not valued high in this league... I am leaning towards Updon, Gonzalez, Pence Freeman and Buxton. Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: keepers

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not a fan of Buxton in such a shallow league. I'd look to deal him for the name recognition.

That makes the 5th keeper Wong in a 1-catcher league and Lucroy in a 2-catcher league -- maybe Lucroy either way.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

burke

#3 Post by burke »

Thanks Todd. It is a one catcher league and catchers aren't valued highly in this league....

Here are the league settings......

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Catchers/Pitchers may not be valued highly but that doesn't make it right. I understand waiting on a catcher in a 1-C, 10 team league since you'll get a decent enough guy with one of your last picks. It's just that you can also lock up a top receiver and use the end pick on high upside outfielders (or whatever) and keep working until you land on a gem.

Lucroy + upgraded player from last pick >> 5th keeper + upgraded catcher from last pick

If it's a daily league, Lucroy is even better since he plays more than others and you don't lose AB or waste waiver picks on a catcher.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

burke

#5 Post by burke »

Thanks Todd. Yes it is a daily league. I will take your advise and keep Lucroy as my 5th keeper....