Can I fix this mess?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
bsnipes

Can I fix this mess?

#1 Post by bsnipes »

I am in a 10 team 5x5 roto keeper league with 2 catchers. My team had 3 horrific weeks and is still trying to recover from the damage. Im in the bottom half of most offensive and pitching categories so i need help across the board. But i do feel my team will be better (Rendon coming back is a major boost) but my weakest are by far is catcher. My 2 catchers are Caleb Joseph and Wilin Rosario. And as you can imagine catchers on the waiver wire are almost non existent. And the damage these bad catchers are doing to my avg is killing me. I have committed to fixing this problem to see the affect it will have on my team. I have traded billy hamilton (who i like a lot) for Russell Martin and Camron Maybin (This was not only the cheapest price for a catcher it was really the only owner that had 3 catchers and would trade one besides the one i did the next deal with) and then just traded Koji Uhara for Yasmani Grandal and Jeff Samardjza. How do you think i did? Was this an overreaction? Any other suggestions on how to fix my team or things to do to get back in it (i got to believe that its early enough to turn things around). Below i will post my roster and where i am at in the standings. This is not the original team I drafted I have made a decent amount of trades. Any advice will be appreciated.

Standings: R:2.5 HR:1 RBI:6 SB:1 AVG:1 K:2 SO:3 SV:6 ERA:1 WHIP:2

Roster after the trade:
C: Russel Martin
C: Yasmani Grandal
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Anthony Rendon
3B: Nolan Arenado
SS: Jean Segura
2B/SS: Xander Bogarts
1B/3B: Chris Davis
OF: Brandon Moss
OF: Kole Calhoun