trade advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mindtrap

trade advice

#1 Post by mindtrap »

hey guys just need some trade advice.

My league is a 3 player keeper league. 10 team, 2 catcher, 5x5 standard roto. I am looking to upgrade at pitching without destroying my offense. here is my team

Romos
d'Arnaud- current replacement Plawecki
Goldschmidt
Kipnis
Donaldson
Rollins
Freeman
Duda
Peralta
Puig
Dickerson
JD Martinez
Pollock
Rios
Saunders
Dyson
Reddick
Napoli
Phillips

Pitching
Kluber
Arrieta
Gio
Odorizzi
Walker
Nelson
C. Martinez
W. Davis
Holland
Castilla
Doolittle
Benoit

The trade that was offered to me was

Freeman and Gio
for
Lester Pablo and Eaton,

This owner also has Alex Wood

Would like your advice, my thinking is I can get Lester now before he turns it around, I can get rid of Gio who has't looked good and gambling on the difference between Freeman and Pablo is not huge. Plus I get Eaton who gives me some speed.

Please share your advice and thoughts on this trade.......thanks!

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: trade advice

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I can't see the benefit of either side of this deal .... I think someone is panicking on Lester and they may be right. Heard on MLB TV this weekend (Harold Reynolds if memory serves) ... In 2014 Jon Lester threw over to first base with a man on ONCE. IF that is true, you may have to wait for him to adjust and that could take a little time. Teams are running on him and that causes some problems for the defense and the way he pitches. Eaton's a nice ballplayer, but he's not the guy he was projected to be in Arizona ...and he is playing in a true hitter's park. Who would you sit for Eaton?

If you are comfortable with Lester needing some adjustments and the other guy is willing, I'd probably do the deal ...EXCEPT ... no way, shape or form do I want Sandoval. And Lester's no guaranteed savior ...last year - great ...but remember the chicken.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

Re: trade advice

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

While I agree that I would not make the trade it is really because that trade doesn't improve your pitching

IF you are going to improve pitching (and it is too early to make a panic inspired trade) you should look for an underperforming STUD where you can clearly trade from a categorical or position surplus to someone who might be panicked about their pitcher