freeze day trade advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Pauly
Triple-A

freeze day trade advice

#1 Post by Pauly »

Today is roster freeze day and Ive been offered Cuddyer($8) and Pierre($1) for Ryan Doumit($1) in a 12-team mixed keeper. We start 2 catchers, and Doumit is my only one. I have an irrational love for Doumit as a C who gets a ton of ABs, and while there are plenty of C replacements on draft day (for more $$ of course), I dont feel like any of the ones available offer the same sort of upside from catcher as Doumit.

Is this an offer I cant refuse? Do I pull the trigger and then worry about filling 2 catchers on draft day?

Thanks!

actuary316

Re: freeze day trade advice

#2 Post by actuary316 »

I guess I would like some more info such as number of keepers and categories because I don't think I would keep any of the names you listed.

Pauly
Triple-A

#3 Post by Pauly »

5x5 10 keepers.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I would not make the trade
Doumit is a solid starter in that format at excellent cost and you would be getting two players that
a) you can get during the draft, and
b) probably aren't keepers for the other guy anyway
So you are helping his team and hurting your team - not a good basis for a trade

Pauly
Triple-A

#5 Post by Pauly »

thanks cap!