AL ONLY KEEPER DECSION

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
bustout123

AL ONLY KEEPER DECSION

#1 Post by bustout123 »

I'm in an 11 team AL ONLY 5 X 5 Roto Ultra League, 23 Man Roster $260 Salary Cap and 17 Man Reserve Roster. Can keep up to 15 players plus rookies prior to the draft.

Keepers:
C. Arencibia 5
C. Jaso 3
1B Pujols 47
2B Ackley 10
SS A. Cabrera 7 (12) Contract year, can be extended at $ 5 per extended year.
OF A. Jones 26
OF McLouth 2
OF Viciedo 3 (8)
P Anderson 2
P. Wei Yin Chen 3
P. Masterson 3
P. Smyly 1
P. Pestano 1 (6)? Contract year thinking of extending him another year.

Rookies being kept: Michael Choice (3), Gary Sanchez (5), Lj Hoes (3), C. Archer (5), Mike Montgomery ( 5).

I have David Murphy at $9 in a Contract year. Was going to toss him back in the draft. But I've been offered a trade for P. Sean Doolittle $1, who has another year on his contract. I'm planning on doing the deal. Does this sound smart? Murphy should provide more than his $9, but Doolittle should help my K's and Whip and might get some saves. Will free up some more cash to go after some quality pitching like Price, Sale, Dickey. Or can use on more hitting.

Any thoughts on why I would be better off to keep Murphy and not do the deal.

AllstonRockCity

Re: AL ONLY KEEPER DECSION

#2 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I know Todd loves him some Doolittle this year, so that will be a factor.

In general, anytime I can trade a known entity at close to value ($9Murphy) for a $1 lottery ticket that could pay off big time ($1Doolittle) I am going to make that trade provided I have enough solid keepers beyond the known entity I'm trading.

I would do this quick