2018 Prospect List

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
sluggotke
Triple-A

2018 Prospect List

#1 Post by sluggotke »

Will Perry be posting his minor league prospect list for 2018

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2018 Prospect List

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Yes. I've arranged for Perry to provide his prospect rankings. Lawr's 250 is available on Creativesports2.com.

I'll ask Perry for an ETA.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

At this point I am looking at a late February release (hopefully not too many leagues are drafting mlers in Feb but if you are you can always send me a PM or email)

Well into the research and constantly working on the rankings.

sluggotke
Triple-A

#4 Post by sluggotke »

Late Feb workss for me. Look forward to the list

Thanks

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Some issues at work and home have pushed this to this coming weekend when I will do a "Preliminary Ranking" which will include a lot of players who still have minor league status now but aren't expected to on Opening Day and then we will publish a "Final Ranking" especially for those in keeper league who need the promoted players separated out.

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#6 Post by shif6 »

Am I right that we need to pay extra for Micheal's list?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

shif6 wrote: February 28th, 2018, 4:21 pm Am I right that we need to pay extra for Micheal's list?
Lawr's list will not be part of Platinum. I don't know the details, but it's available on www.creativesports2.com
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by infiniteloop »

Any update on the 2018 Hook prospect list? I didn't see it.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

The preliminary lists will go up sometime in the next 24 hours. More complete list later in March.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Todd Zola »

Been a messed up week with the loss a good friend and the storm. My travel plans have changed so I'll put up Perry's list with a regular update Friday afternoon.

infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

#11 Post by infiniteloop »

Any update on prospects?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Todd Zola »

This afternoon - I promise

sluggotke
Triple-A

#13 Post by sluggotke »

Did not see Juan Soto in the NL top 150. He was listed #35 last year

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#14 Post by Captain Hook »

sluggotke wrote: March 12th, 2018, 6:45 pm Did not see Juan Soto in the NL top 150. He was listed #35 last year
Soto was injured much of last year and had only 100+ at bats and while he hit for good average he had only three home runs and one stolen base. He has been passed by Victor Robles in the Nationals outfield waiting order, and possibly by Andrew Stevenson. This will be a key year for the 19 year old Soto.

(Perhaps should be on the list but much lower but remember that was a preliminary list, so Soto could still make an appearance on the final list but much lower than last year)

PVH

sluggotke
Triple-A

#15 Post by sluggotke »

Thanks for the detailed response

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#16 Post by Tampa Bob »

I research other sources but Perry's list is the end-all for me. I confess I was surprised to see what I thought was a hotshot prospect, Leody Taveras, fall to #40 (if 40 could be considered a falled flower).

Having said that, I wonder if you have any feelings for the new Texas outfielder, Julio Pablo Martinez? I don't have to decide until 3/29 and wonder whether I'll drop Traveras for him one of the other more highly ranked prospects.

Thanks,
TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#17 Post by shif6 »

Austin Hays is missing from the list. I assume that is a mistake. Right?

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#18 Post by Captain Hook »

shif6 wrote: March 15th, 2018, 7:26 am Austin Hays is missing from the list. I assume that is a mistake. Right?
Hays would be on the list talent wise but I assumed that he would be on the Orioles roster and thus not on a prospect list - will check that for final version

infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

#19 Post by infiniteloop »

my annual question: Any update on the 2019 Hook prospect list?

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#20 Post by Captain Hook »

They have been posted for weeks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Todd Zola »

infiniteloop wrote: March 14th, 2019, 5:06 pm my annual question: Any update on the 2019 Hook prospect list?
You mean the one that's been posted for a couple weeks?