Kris Bryant's value

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
legorn

Kris Bryant's value

#1 Post by legorn »

What kind of return would you expect to receive for Bryant on a Dynasty league?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Kris Bryant's value

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry -- but that's a bit to vague to really answer.

If you're dealing Bryant I assume you're looking to compete this season. As such, to deal one of, if not the top prospect I'd want the return to significantly improve my chances.

What that package might be is completely dependent on your league format, the scoring, the league dynamics etc.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

legorn

#3 Post by legorn »

Thanks Lord Zola for your response. I apologize for my vague question.

Someone offered me Kershaw for Bryant and my team could certainly usethe best pitcher in MLB this year.

But at the same time, as you said, trading the top MLB prospect for a pitcher, at this time and age, could be not the smart decision.

My current 3b is Kyle Seager and Castellanos is on my bench. The scoring has ops instead of avg and K intead of HRs. The rest is pretty much standard.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

K instead of HR? That doesn't make sense and really matters since Bryant whiffs a ton.

On paper, I'm all over that deal -- Seager is just fine.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

legorn

#5 Post by legorn »

Thanks for the advice.

The Ks instead of HRs thing doesn't make sense to me either but that's the way the commissioner set up the league and I still have not been able to convince them to change that.