2014 Arizona Fall League

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Captain Hook

2014 Arizona Fall League

#1 Post by Captain Hook »

Time for deeper look and new information on prospects

First AFL team reviewed for top prospects with five more on the way (I think second will be published on Saturday)

Games start Tuesday, October 7 and then the AFL Blog will start with performance notes and my thoughts on the players I see as well as some input from scouts and front office personnel.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

Re: 2014 Arizona Fall League

#2 Post by SteveB »

Have enjoyed the previews so far Perry ..

One thing i am curious about is the proposed "pick up the pace" rules in baseball. Supposedly they are testing them in the AFL this year. I would love to hear your thoughts after watching a few games live. Do the proposed changes affect anything from the stands at all? Most notable the Salt River Fields will be testing the 20 sec rule. So if you would not mind giving some thoughts on the games from a unbiased fans perspective i would appreciate it.

Captain Hook

Re: 2014 Arizona Fall League

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I will definitely will be including remarks on how it affects the games I am working at or see in person as well as trying to get comments from team officials or players. Most players I have heard questioned are pretty much positive on the proposed changes but we will get a much better idea when it is in the games.

I do have two games to work at Salt River Fields but they are later in the season. I will see a few games there in the middle of the month and everyone out there in TV land can watch themselves as the Fall Stars Game which will be on Saturday, November 1 at 5 PM PT or 8 PM ET will be broadcast live on the MLB Network