Minors Draft: Robertson (SS/TB) or Crawford (SS/Phi)

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tig

Minors Draft: Robertson (SS/TB) or Crawford (SS/Phi)

#1 Post by Tig »

Have the 1st pick in our minors draft and am on the clock... 14 team league with 5 ML slots.
Ive only got 1 pick, possibly 2, if I activate Micah Johnson.. My other players: Rusney Castillo, Addison Russell, Dylan Bundy..

Players are $0 while on ML roster and can stay there until you activate them. Once activated, they will be $1 to keep the following year, then go up $5 each year kept thereafter.

From Perry's top 100 list, taking the top 25 from both the AL and NL, there are 12 players available..

The top AL player is #13 Daniel Robertson SS/TB... The top NL player is #9 P.J. Crawford SS/Phi...

Which one would you take? Or would you take someone a bit farther down?

AL: #18 Eduardo Rodriguez , #19 Aaron Judge, #21 Adalberto Mondesi, #23 Bradley Zimmer
NL: #17 Aaron Nola, #18 Austin Meadows, #19 CJ Edwards, #20 Matt Wisler, #24 Steven Matz, #25 Marco Gonzales

does Matt Wisler's stock rise or fall with the trade to Atlanta?

Appreciate your time and thoughts.. Thanks

Captain Hook

Re: Minors Draft: Robertson (SS/TB) or Crawford (SS/Phi)

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Tig wrote:Have the 1st pick in our minors draft and am on the clock... 14 team league with 5 ML slots.
Ive only got 1 pick, possibly 2, if I activate Micah Johnson.. My other players: Rusney Castillo, Addison Russell, Dylan Bundy..

Players are $0 while on ML roster and can stay there until you activate them. Once activated, they will be $1 to keep the following year, then go up $5 each year kept thereafter.

From Perry's top 100 list, taking the top 25 from both the AL and NL, there are 12 players available..

The top AL player is #13 Daniel Robertson SS/TB... The top NL player is #9 P.J. Crawford SS/Phi...

Which one would you take? Or would you take someone a bit farther down?

AL: #18 Eduardo Rodriguez , #19 Aaron Judge, #21 Adalberto Mondesi, #23 Bradley Zimmer
NL: #17 Aaron Nola, #18 Austin Meadows, #19 CJ Edwards, #20 Matt Wisler, #24 Steven Matz, #25 Marco Gonzales

does Matt Wisler's stock rise or fall with the trade to Atlanta?

Appreciate your time and thoughts.. Thanks
The answer is Very contextual - league rules and tendencies + your current roster + your personal preferences.

Crawford over Robertson because he will be the Phillies starter next year (if not later this year).

Wisler takes a short term hit but long term more difficult to determine - we know Atlanta will get better and better but what about San Diego? Will Preller blow this team up if they fail to make the playoffs this year? Can they sign Upton (the good one) to an extension? He wouldn't be my first choice amongst available pitchers either way.

So the main question for my pick would be - Do you need help this year or are you focused on long term value? Do you need pitchers more than hitters?

Next how is your league treating Hector Olivera?
If available I don't think he has a lot of value this year but should be Dodgers starting 2B next year.

Short term I would take Crawford or Marco Gonzalez
Long term without regard to position I would take Zimmer or Edwards

Hope all that helps

Trav The Ump

Re: Minors Draft: Robertson (SS/TB) or Crawford (SS/Phi)

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

I'd also wonder what your league values trading these minor guys? I picked up Judge hoping he hits a bunch of bombs and the Yankee's prospect train gets a rolling. I'll be able to trade him off for something for my big league roster. :)