Teheran vs. Vizcaino vs. Delgado

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
southpaw

Teheran vs. Vizcaino vs. Delgado

#1 Post by southpaw »

Long term, do any of them project as a #1 or #2? How would you rank them?
I guess we can throw Minor in the mix as well but as of right now, he's the most proven and hasn't lived up to the hype yet.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Teheran vs. Vizcaino vs. Delgado

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm more comfortable addressing the Minor part than the other, perhaps Perry can add his $.02. But, from talking to some people at the AFL, all three are still considered top prospects, though Vizcaino could still end up in the pen. I think most consider Teheran to be the top prospect of the troika.

As for Minor, to say he hasn't lived up to the hype is a bit unfair. His peripherals were actually pretty decent last season, he was reamed by a .350 BABIP. He pitched more like a mid 3s guy, which is not so bad for a 23 year old.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

southpaw

#3 Post by southpaw »

That's why I added the word yet at the end. ;)
I actually think he will emerge as a bonafide starter this year exactly for the reason you mention. Mid 3's would be nice as I kinda think he might drop more than he should in some drafts.

The main reason I ask about these arms is that I'm considering a big trade in a dynasty league and I'd be most interested in these prospects.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

southpaw wrote:Long term, do any of them project as a #1 or #2? How would you rank them?
I guess we can throw Minor in the mix as well but as of right now, he's the most proven and hasn't lived up to the hype yet.
The Braves have so much good pitching it actually makes it tougher to guess on who gets the opportunities and when, but here is my view

Short term (2012) - Minor, Teheran, Vizcaino, Delgado

Long term - Teheran, Delgado, Minor, Vizcaino