Brad Peacock?

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
dnm963
Triple-A
Preferred Style: roto 5x5

Brad Peacock?

#1 Post by dnm963 »

What are the thoughts on the Washington farmhand? Unreal numbers at AA. Is he Sept. callup or earlier? Is he a #2 or 3 rotation guy?
Always make'em think you are smarter than you are, but never let them know how smart you really are.
League is a 15 team,$260 draft cap, mixed auction with 10 NL,10 AL teams to draft from(rockies, Astros, Cubs, Marlins, Phillies,Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Balt, and KC CANNOT DRAFT FROM). 5 cat. standard scoring except use IP in place of Ks.

Captain Hook

Re: Brad Peacock?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Peacock will be in the Nats rotation but I don't think it is this year (unless there are injuries) before perhaps a September callup - he is NOT ready for the NL despite dominating at AA.............middle of the rotation behind Strasburg and Zimmerman when the time arrives

IronMarshal

#3 Post by IronMarshal »

It looks like he would have had a shot at a rotation spot this year, maybe right out of Spring, but the addition of Gonzalez and Jackson will mean that Peacock will probably spend most of the year in the minors and be an injury replacement, or Stasburg replacement when his innings limit is reached. The rotation should be Strasburg, Gonzalez, Zimmerman, Jackson, Lannan.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

IronMarshal wrote:It looks like he would have had a shot at a rotation spot this year, maybe right out of Spring, but the addition of Gonzalez and Jackson will mean that Peacock will probably spend most of the year in the minors and be an injury replacement, or Stasburg replacement when his innings limit is reached. The rotation should be Strasburg, Gonzalez, Zimmerman, Jackson, Lannan.
Actually, he was traded to the A's in the Gio deal and will be in the Oakland rotation (most likely) to start the season.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Right now, it looks like both he and Jarrod Parker get ticketed for the A's starting rotation - out of sheer necessity, it seems.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

IronMarshal

#6 Post by IronMarshal »

Oops blew that one!
I should pay closer attention to those things. BAs prospect handbook which just came out has him with Washington still.

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#7 Post by daweasle »

with the leading candidates all having ??? -

do you foresee any possibility of peacock moving in and grabbing the closer role in oaktown?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

daweasle wrote:with the leading candidates all having ??? -

do you foresee any possibility of peacock moving in and grabbing the closer role in oaktown?
He was optioned today, I think Beane realizes Peacock needs to fail as a starter before converting an arm like that, just not Beane's style, I don't think.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

Balfour was named closer today.

Captain Hook

#10 Post by Captain Hook »

IronMarshal wrote:Oops blew that one!
BAs prospect handbook which just came out .

That was printed TWO months ago..........

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

daweasle wrote:with the leading candidates all having ??? -

Not a chance - three names ahead of him this season and you don't want to take a kid with his potential and mess with him when you have so many alternatives already in place.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams